Horizontal Directional Drilling In Hard Rock
Date : 12/08/2020
HDD Machine / Horizontal Directional Drilling In Hard Rock Ground Conditions | Dual Rod Technology
Dual Rod Technology features:
- Inner rod to provide torque to the drill bit,
- Outer rod that offers steering capability and rotational torque for reaming
The combination provides powerful down hole cutting action and the flexibility to select the appropriate tooling to best match the ground conditions from hard, medium and soft rock to loamy/dirt and clay.
A Dual Rod Horizontal Drill then (like the Vermeer D40x55DR) is capable of:
- Drilling in any ground condition: from hard rock to soft soil
- Running every type of tooling:
- Drill head with dirt plates
- Armor system
- Roller cone bits
- PDC bits
- Air hammer
Features / Benefits
- This impressively powered drill will enable boring through hard rock with less hassle.
- A hollow inner rod design results in more air and drilling fluid flow to the drill head on pilot bores and the hole opener during pullback, providing contractors the ability to select from a more diverse range of tooling options, including air hammers and larger hole openers.
- Save time by spending less of it on rod makeup and more on putting utilities in the ground.
- Spend less time switching out rod boxes and go further with your install by having more onboard rod carrying capacity.
- A cab can help reduce fatigue from outdoor elements and enhance operator comfort.
- Common CAN controls
Features of the all new Vermeer Dual Rod Drill D40x55DR
- Increased Speed
- Tooling takes on hard rock
- Common CAN Control
- Increased Productivity
- Reduced Sound